The best and simplest way to enjoy watermelon radish IMO is simply salted and tossed with sesame oil. Salt tenderizes the Watermelon Radish while the toasted sesame oil offers a soft, succulent finish to these colorful radish slices. For a great snack or addition to your mezze, try this recipe!
• 1-2 Watermelon Radishes
• 1 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
• Cut the watermelon radish in half and then in half again to make four quarters. Lay the quarters flat on one side and slice them into "chips" - whatever thickness you prefer. I usually do 1/4" slices. Put the slices into a bowl.
• Sprinkle the radishes with enough salt so they can all be lightly coated. Toss with your hands to work the salt through the bowl and then massage the radishes until they are all well covered in salt.
• Let the salted radishes sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. They should be more tender after they are salted.
• Pour the sesame oil over the watermelon radishes and massage in the oil. They are now ready to be enjoyed!
• Top with fresh chopped herbs like cilantro or parsley for extra goodness!