My mom had the hottest Potato Salad on Lake Mohawk in the '90s, ask anyone who was there. Here's her recipe! Feel free to adapt it to your dietary needs, and use it as a base recipe to make it your own!
3 lbs. Satina potatoes
1/4 lb bacon [optional]
1 medium onion
fresh or dried dill to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped to taste
salt and pepper
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1" pieces. If using baby potatoes, no need to peel. Boil until fork-tender.
- Hard boil eggs
- Slice bacon into bite-sized pieces and fry until crisp, reserving bacon grease
- Dice onion and shred carrots
- Cool potatoes and combine with peeled chopped eggs, bacon, onion and carrots.
- Mix in dill, parsley, mayonnaise, and a bit of reserved bacon grease.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper